Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: 02

Retrieving BBM messages

Can anyone help me? I really need to access my bbm messages. All my messages are saved onto 'media card' and i did this a while ago. However i can only see messages for up to 4 weeks ago- nothing from further back. When i connect my bb to my pc- and go into IM i can still only see messages from a few days ago. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Retrieving BBM messages

amy84 wrote:

Can anyone help me? I really need to access my bbm messages. All my messages are saved onto 'media card' and i did this a while ago. However i can only see messages for up to 4 weeks ago- nothing from further back. When i connect my bb to my pc- and go into IM i can still only see messages from a few days ago. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks Smiley Happy

I don't understand... which is it.

How far back are you trying to see messages?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: bold
My Carrier: 02

Re: Retrieving BBM messages

I selected 'save messages' back in December last year- so i presumed i would be able to see message history for a contact back until then. On my phone i can only see to middle of January. When i connected my phone to my laptop i got some conversations up on excel but not the whole conversations (ie not the whole message history from december until now). I also looked at the 'files' folder on my phone - went into IM- it shows the PINS for the converstions but when i click on them it says' unable to open file'. Is there any way i can find these conversations from when they started back in December?