Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodaphone

Retrieving backed up data without overwriting existing data

Hi all - I have a Blackberry 9000 Bold. When I first got it, I transferred a lot of calendar content across to it because I find it really useful to be able to search my calendar backwards in time. I recently discovered that my Blackberry was automatically wiping the calendar data after 90 days. I think I've now stopped it doing this but I'd like to get the old calendar data back. I can see that there's a backup folder in my laptop but when I tried to restore old data I got a message saying that doing this would overwrite any existing data. Does anyone know of a way to add entries that are in a back-up file without wiping out existing calendar entries? Thanks, Alexis

Developer
My Device: 9300 3G Curve
My Carrier: Tata Docomo

Re: Retrieving backed up data without overwriting existing data

Hi,

Am sorry, coz i couldnt find a way to do what u wanted...

For future reference, i wud suggest u to go for some apps by which u can keep ur back up in ur BB MMC card...

with regards
simply abhik...
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please click "Accept as Solution" if your issue has been solved and to give thanks/appreciation, click thumbs up...
For BB OS update: http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update.html
BB Simulators: http://us.blackberry.com/sites/developers/resources/simulators.html
_______________________________________________________________________________________________
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Re: Retrieving backed up data without overwriting existing data

I have the same issue. Why are Blackberry so bad