Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Retrieving data from PC without old device

My very new BB 9900 developed a fault.  I backed it up on my laptop and brought it to O2, where it was sent away for repair.  It seems that my old device is not going to be returned to me but replaced with a new one.  I bought a new BB 9900 in the interim as I could not do without a phone.  Can anyone please tell me how I will retrieve my saved information from my laptop, as I no longer have the old device in order to use the switch device function.  Is there a way to load the data onto my present 9900 without the old device???  I'm desperate!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: Retrieving data from PC without old device

You should be able to.restore the backup using desktop manager - do not do a device swap. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: O2

Re: Retrieving data from PC without old device

Thank you!   Finally got all my messages back at one in the morning, by using the restore (why didn't I think of it?).  The best option was to select components that I wished to restore, rather than do a full  - that way I seemed to have retained my newer operating system.   I really appreciate your help!