Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Returned it to Verizon

After being a long time Verizon customer and using the Blackberry Storm for 30 days, I returned it today. This is "bleeding edge", not "leading edge" technology. I'm insulted and pissed off that both Verizon and Blackberry would even release this product. You know what they say, "People will treat you the way you allow them to", and if the customers allow this product to stay on the market they deserve the aggravation.

I just looked at the iphone with mobileme and it is hot. It's fast, the features actually work and the mobileme software is imazingly intuitive.  The ATT voice and data plan is a lot less money than Verizon's plan on a a monthly basis. The iphone is considerably lighter than the Storm "brick" of a phone. I use mostly data, not voice, and that's exactly where the Storm has it's weakest link. Good luck Verizon and Blackberry holding onto your customer base.......

Contributor

Re: Returned it to Verizon

See Ya....
New Contributor

Agreed!  I am sticking it out only due to Verizon's excellent customer service (and ATT's lack of it).  However, I am tired of spending countless hours trying to make my phone "work".  This rollout is a complete "**bleep**-show"
Contributor

Personally I hated ATT.  I had the iPhone and it is an awesome phone WHEN you have signal that is.  Personally I believe no other phone beats it.  That said I got horrible reception the places I am the most.  Calls would drop or I could barely make out what people were saying during phone calls due to low reception.

I decided to go back to Verizon knowing that I have signal.  I got the Storm as an alternative to the iPhone for checking email, casual web browsing and of course making calls.  It has some lag and I have other gripes, but its far from unusable.

Trusted Contributor

I will be the phone laughing at pointing at you when you come crawling back to VZW once you realize that you will have "less bars in less places" with ATTs horrible and I mean horrible coverage. My cousin has the iPhone in NYC and I tried opening a webpage with it and 2 yrs later it came up....
" if you can't weather a storm, then you shouldn't have one"
Regular Contributor

I've been using cell phones since 1992. I used to have people stop me on the street just to look at what I was using (back then it was an Oki 900 while most people who had cell phones were using the Motorola brick). It was the smallest phone you could get back then. Nothing is that big now. Anyway . . . 

Dropped calls were a common phenomenon in the early-to-mid-90's. After the mid 90's, the service stabilized quite a bit, and dropped calls were rare -- that is -- until AT&T purchased my carrier. I had one carrier buy out another a few times over the years. There was no effect on call quality, so I just went with it. I put up with absolutely crappy call quality for 6 months and a few different cell phones on AT&T until I finally gave up on them. I just couldn't take being in the year 2004 and having call quality that reminded me of 1992. I switched to Verizon in 2004 and have been happy with the call quality ever since.

Oh, and we're not even talking about the absolutely 100% crappy customer service I received from AT&T. Out of the top 5 worst customer service experiences I've had in my life, TWO of them were with AT&T. HORRIBLE treatment regarding legitimate issues.

So, be warned. I'm positive the iPhone is a spectacular phone based on my experience as an iPod Touch owner. But, the carrier comes with that phone, and from my experience, the carrier SUCKS! 

Granted, the Storm has its glitches and you can either live with them or not. I'm living with mine in hopes of better performance with the next firmware upgrade (hoping it comes before my trial period expires). But there's NO WAY I would go with AT&T as a carrier regardless of how much I wanted a phone that is exclusive with them.