Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Returning Text Messages

I am trying to figure out how to change the settings on sms for replies.  When I reply it sends what was originally sent to me along with my new message.  It is set up like an email.  I am unable to figure out where I can change this setting.  I just want to be able to send a text without it showing the previous message to the receiver?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: Returning Text Messages

Justind

This is what you have to do to remove the original message when you reply.  Basically when you are in reply mode, click on the menu options (the blackberry logo on the left), scroll down to "remove history" . That should do the trick.

Witness an evolution
buisness credit card machines
New Contributor

Thank you for the help!
New Contributor

I have another question, the only option I have when replying is to clear contents.  Is there a place to have this as a default?  Or do I have to clear each one before replying?
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Well, there is no option on my blackberry to automatically set it not to do that. I believe it has to be done manually every time. Quite frankly, I don't mind having the message there as it help me keep track of the conversation.

Another thing you can do is just compose a new sms to the individual instead of replying to the specific message that was sent to you.

Witness an evolution
buisness credit card machines
New Contributor

Alright that helps, thanks a lot!