Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ring Delay issue Sprint Curve 8330

I have an issue that others have posted elsewhere on the net but doesn't seem to solve my issue for the curve 8330 with Sprint.

When you call my phone from a landline, there is a delay of 1 1/2 to 3 rings. In other words, my phone doesn't ring until the middle of the second of ring and sometimes not until the beginning of the third ring.

I have tried several tricks such as, re registering the phone, hard reset (battery pull), *18 (announce to the local repeater), Sprint has updated the PRL(?), I service customers all over so it is not indicative to one repeater, neither near nor far away makes any difference.

The information I've found is that there may be a setting called the SCI (Slot Cycle Index) that tells your device to check for inbound ringing more often (ie, check every 1-2 seconds instead of 5+ secs). I have not found any recent posts that address this issue specifically for the BB Curve 8330 on Sprint's network.

I have had Nextel, Verizon, and TMO, services in the past 8 years and have never had this issue come up so often as I have with Sprint. I am ready to cancel and go to the more expensive carrier to resolve this as I'm loosing calls to vmail.

Any help would be appreciated!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Ring Delay issue Sprint Curve 8330

here is what I think :
you have set the ringing to do "vibrate and ring". It means that the phone will vibrate for 4-5s, then stop vibrating and start ringing for the rest of the duration (= until the correspondent hangs up, or until he/she is forwarded to your voice mail).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I really do appreciate the reply to this post where noone else has bothered. What you mentioned is one of the first things that Sprint Tech Support had me check. I am now using the "Normal Alerts Mode" and only have ringing when a call comes in and only have vibrate for text and email messages...

So what you mentioned is not the problem. Again I reiterate that Tmobile and Verizon start ringing the phone almost immediatley after the calling party begins hearing the ring-back tones, unlike with Sprint (and/or just my phone) it seems to take more than 1-3 ring-backs before my BB Curve 8830 starts to ring. Again, I am all over San Diego County and SoCal so this is not an issue to any given area.

BTW, I am working with the reps at dan@sprint.com and after several weeks, they are now pointing the finger at BB...

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

sorry, I have more than 6900 messages unread on this board.

I am clueless at this point.

Can you remove the SIM card and put it in another mobile phone ?
and call yourself to do the same test as the one you did ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: