Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums on April 1st. BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ring Delay issue Sprint Curve 8330

I have an issue that others have posted elsewhere on the net but doesn't seem to solve my issue for the curve 8330 with Sprint.

When you call my phone from a landline, there is a delay of 1 1/2 to 3 rings. In other words, my phone doesn't ring until the middle of the second of ring and sometimes not until the beginning of the third ring.

I have tried several tricks such as, re registering the phone, hard reset (battery pull), *18 (announce to the local repeater), Sprint has updated the PRL(?), I service customers all over so it is not indicative to one repeater, neither near nor far away makes any difference.

The information I've found is that there may be a setting called the SCI (Slot Cycle Index) that tells your device to check for inbound ringing more often (ie, check every 1-2 seconds instead of 5+ secs). I have not found any recent posts that address this issue specifically for the BB Curve 8330 on Sprint's network.

I have had Nextel, Verizon, and TMO, services in the past 8 years and have never had this issue come up so often as I have with Sprint. I am ready to cancel and go to the more expensive carrier to resolve this as I'm loosing calls to vmail.

Any help would be appreciated!

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Ring Delay issue Sprint Curve 8330

here is what I think :
you have set the ringing to do "vibrate and ring". It means that the phone will vibrate for 4-5s, then stop vibrating and start ringing for the rest of the duration (= until the correspondent hangs up, or until he/she is forwarded to your voice mail).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I really do appreciate the reply to this post where noone else has bothered. What you mentioned is one of the first things that Sprint Tech Support had me check. I am now using the "Normal Alerts Mode" and only have ringing when a call comes in and only have vibrate for text and email messages...

So what you mentioned is not the problem. Again I reiterate that Tmobile and Verizon start ringing the phone almost immediatley after the calling party begins hearing the ring-back tones, unlike with Sprint (and/or just my phone) it seems to take more than 1-3 ring-backs before my BB Curve 8830 starts to ring. Again, I am all over San Diego County and SoCal so this is not an issue to any given area.

BTW, I am working with the reps at dan@sprint.com and after several weeks, they are now pointing the finger at BB...

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

sorry, I have more than 6900 messages unread on this board.

I am clueless at this point.

Can you remove the SIM card and put it in another mobile phone ?
and call yourself to do the same test as the one you did ?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: