Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Ringer (Notification) Problem, Torch 9800, probably solved;)

[ Edited ]

Hello everybody,

since some time I had all the time problems with the ringer (sound, vibration) on my Torch, looked up the boards, applied this pull out battery hard reboot, went to my provider and thankfully did not leave them the phone.

It is as dumb as it gets, just clean your screen!! If there is fat or dirt on the touch screen, I suspect that the touch screen reacts on that  if someone is calling (the ringer off key).

Seems to me a bid sensitive, but ok, problem solved, works for now.

Does anyone know how to change the setting or configuration of the call screen?

(the light bulb went on as I removed some chocolate, who knows how it got there Smiley Happy)

Solutions: 6,396
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Ringer (Notification) Problem, Torch 9800, probably solved;)

Bernie75 wrote:

Does anyone know how to change the setting or configuration of the call screen?

Can you explain what it is that you wish to change?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: Ringer (Notification) Problem, Torch 9800, probably solved;)

[ Edited ]

Dear JSanders, thanks for asking, I would like to disable the button on the touch screen "ringer off" and to replace that with a physical button somewhere. It had been proven for me so far that fatty finger prints or dirt which are usually close to that part of the screen, causes the ringer-off function to be triggered without me touching it. I do not know if that is a general problem or concerns only my phone, but its working (if i keep it clean).

Since i am quite an active person, I am not able to keep my fingers all the time perfectly clean and would like to try to change that part of the functionality of my beloved BB.

Thank you for your time!