Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: Orange UK
Accepted Solution

Ringtone Blackberry Torch

I have just got a blackberry torch and synchronised all my data to it.  I have set my ringtone in the normal profile to Assured but when my phone rings it plays Spirit.  I have tried everything and cannot seem to find where to change it.  Anybody any suggestions?  Cheers  Dirk

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Ringtone Blackberry Torch

Are you by chance connected to the PC when this occurs or does it happen all the time?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

i did connect it to my pc when i changed devices but now it happens all the time

Forums Veteran I

Okay, I ask because if you're connected to the PC and your ringtone is stored on the media card, you are sometimes not able to access things on the media card.

So with the phone disconnected, you can go into your profile settings and see that that you have the ringtone set as you want it?  Make sure you have the appropriate profile enabled.  For instance, open the profiles from your home screen, then scroll to the bottom and select Change Sounds and Alerts>Profile Management.  If you want this particular ringtone to play when you're in Normal Mode, select that profile, then the Phone setting and set your ringtone.  Then make sure that Normal profile is enabled.

Kind of sounds like you've set the ringtone in one profile, but you're using a different one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

No I am using the Normal profile but just to be sure i have checked this profile is active and have also changed the ringtones of all other profiles to the one i want but when it rings it is still a different profile

New Contributor

sorry that last word in the last message meant to say ringtone.

Forums Veteran I

Have you tried changing it to something else, saving it, then coming back in and changing it back to the one you want?

Also, have you tried the good ol' battery pull?  Smiley Happy

New Contributor

I did try your first suggestions and thanks a lot it worked.Smiley Very Happysmileyvery-happy:

Sorry to ask you something else but you might be able to help me with this. I synchronised my contacts with me laptop and for some reason all 500 of them have been given the same ringtone that is different than the profile one i selected.  Is there a way to change this for all contacts at once rather than one by one.

Forums Veteran I

Glad that worked for you.  Smiley Happy

So in your "Sounds for Contacts" settings you have 500 contacts and they're all set to the same ringtone?

I don't use this setting, but I don't think there's any way to change them all at once.  You might have to delete all your contacts through Desktop Manager then resynch them and start from scratch that way.  Let me know if you need help clearing your address book.

New Contributor

OK what would be the safest way of clearing the address book