Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange
Accepted Solution

Ringtone Stops Out of Holster

I have the ring tone on 9900 set to always so it should keep ringing in and out of the holster but when I take it out of the holster the ringtone stops. My 9300 did exactly the same thing. I've changed it 'out of holster' ringtone which works as does in holster but when set to ring always it stops out of the holster. I'm not touching any buttons when lifting it out so can anyone help with this please?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Ringtone Stops Out of Holster

Your holster incorporates a battery which aligns with the mechanics of the phone to put it to sleep when holstered.  When you remove your phone from the holster, your phone wakes up and the screen turns on.  Your phone senses when it's been removed from the holster and the ringtone stops, though your caller still hears the ringing sound on their end.  There is no way to change this or disable it; that's the way your phone was programmed.

I hope that helps you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: orange

Re: Ringtone Stops Out of Holster

Great thanks, although why it has the 'always' option for in/out of the holster is a bit daft maybe? Small thing to put up with as I'm really pleased with the phone as I was with the 9300, had an Android before which drove me up the wall with its unreliability and autocorrect which changes the name of my home railway station from Witham to Euthanasia. Thanks again. .