Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: RIM Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Ringtone issue

[ Edited ]

Hi there.

I'm running device software v6.0.0.246 which is the accredited OS for my carrier O2-UK.

The default ringtones have been somehow removed.

I've tried tried soft-resets, battery pulls, reloading software on the device, installing/uninstalling DM and OS on PC, changing profiles and all but i've had no luck!

Has anyone else had this issue and do they know of any fixes so I can get the default tones where they should be.

All I hear now are three beeps (like midi piano) when someone tries to get in touch or when the phone is plugged in or restarted (I have events sounds on).

Here's a screen show of what I can see if I try and select a ringtone.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think it is a problem with the device but perhaps with the software. I find it unlikely however as I have searched for this problem on the web and have not come across it before.

I have suspicions that it could be related to third-party applications.

But I am not sure of which one it could be.

I've tried uninstalling them but the problem is still there!

Any ideas?

Thanks

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Torch-Q10-Passport
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Ringtone issue

hi and welcome to the forum.

just a guess but i think you could be looking in downloaded ringtones.

try going to setup in all menu > ring tones > ringtone drop down menu and see if they are all there.

let us know if that works.

New Contributor
My Device: RIM Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: O2

Re: Ringtone issue

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

Yes I've explored all possibilities and have tried what you suggested.

The problem is intermittent and sometimes a battery pull can resolve the issue whereas others they do not appear at all as shown in the image in my last post.

I decided to install OS6.0.0.448 earlier today from (3UK) to see if there would be any improvements.

I wiped the device using BBSAK and reinstalled fresh via apploader.

To test whether it was an issue with a third-party application or not decided not to install anything extra other than what came pre-loaded in the install.

It's been fine all day however now the ringtones are not working anymore.

They are available to see at the moment as I have not restarted my device or done a battery pull - (it's worth mentioning that this always happened before I upgraded to 448 and the would normally disappear after the restart).

Interestingly enough however I did receive this error message earlier today which seems to be related to my issue...

Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_profiles_app (313) is not responding; process terminated.

I suspect that this file is corrupted... however I have no idea how I could fix this as a device wipe / OS installation has not worked for me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks