Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Ringtone volume on Verizon Blackberry 8800

Does anyone know if and when the known problem of low ringtones on Verizon's 8800 is going to be addressed? Thanks.

Re: Ringtone volume on Verizon Blackberry 8800

I am deaf as a post and havprofile and have no problems. Try creating a custom profile and point to one of the many enhanced ring tones avail. Try a simple google for "Loud ringtone for my 8830" or try this one from crackberry

http://forums.crackberry.com/f61/loudest-8830-ringtone-6778/

This wakes me from a deep sleep and I wear aids in both ears  ^__^

Highlighted
New Contributor

On the home screen click on profiles and then click on loud.  That will make "Loud" the active profile.  The click on profiles again and scroll down to advanced and click.  Click the menu button and choose edit.  Scroll down to phone and click.  Check to make sure that the volume settings for in and out of the holster are set to the loudest/desired setting.  And of course save it to ensure that you did not do all of that scrolling and clicking for nothing.  If that doesn't work.  Make the tech support guys at Verizon earn your monthly service fee.
New Contributor

Thanks this info was helpfull and it led me to find out that I can create a custom profile for my 8800.

I have found all ringtones whether pre loaded , uploaded from Crackberry, or my own MP3's are very low even on the LOUD setting.  Makes it hard to hear when in a purse or briefcase.  I have not found a way to fix this.  All in all I love the phone but I need a louder ringer.
Retired

I guess you have to wait for a new firmware update. It will fix the problem.
Retired

I guess OS 4.3 will not be released. OS 4.5 is the one that's going to fix the problem.
New Contributor

It is not the profile that makes the volume loud, it is just the Advanced setting within profile that does it. However, even at the loudest, the ringtones are not loud enough. It is perhaps the only major problem that I find in BB8830. BlackBerry - are you listening?