Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320

Ringtones and BBM alerts not working

Hi, I have created several custom ringtones and phone alerts on both mine and my husbands new BB 9320's . These were working just fine for the first few weeks but now the custom BBM alerts will not work on my phone but the custom ringtones do work.  Instead of the custom alert I've selected the alert sound for the normal profile is the one that sounds. However the custom alerts DO work for text messages ! Just not BBM !

My husbands phone has the exact opposite problem, BBM alerts work, ringtones don't !

The problem seems to have happened after I had installed some various Apps . So I uninstalled all those apps and I've done both a soft reboot and battery pull on each phone trying to fix this. I also deleted those contacts and their custom alert set-ups and re-added everything from scratch, rebooted again, still nothing. It's been like this for a few weeks now, I just can't figure it out .  Please help !

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: Ringtones and BBM alerts not working

Hi and welcome to the forums!

The media cache might be corrupted, here's a fix.

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB26203 BlackBerry smartphone ringtones will not play

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320

Re: Ringtones and BBM alerts not working

Hi, thank you very much for the welcome and for your quick response.

I'm not sure if that fix was referring to a separate media card ,which I don't have, and I couldn't find any of the files when I connected my device to my workstation but I did find those files right on my device (BBThumbs.dat) in each of my media filesand deleted them and then rebooted, I'm not entirely sure if that's what I should have done or not, but unfortunately it did not work.

Any other suggestions would most certainly be welcome !