Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ringtones and saved passwords

Hello,

I just purchased a BlackBerry 8300.  I'm doing alright with the learning, but find two issues I'd like help with.

First is getting new ringtones.  Despite promises to the contrary, there is never a chance to purchase new tones on my phone.  Am I missing something?

Secondly, I linked my email to the phone, but I would kind of like to put in my password each time.  Is there a way to password protect my email?

Thanks in advance,

Tina

Highlighted
Super Contributor
My Device: 9850 Torch
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Ringtones and saved passwords

Ratherfly wrote:

Hello,

I just purchased a BlackBerry 8300.  I'm doing alright with the learning, but find two issues I'd like help with.

First is getting new ringtones.  Despite promises to the contrary, there is never a chance to purchase new tones on my phone.  Am I missing something?

Secondly, I linked my email to the phone, but I would kind of like to put in my password each time.  Is there a way to password protect my email?

Thanks in advance,

Tina

Welcome!

You can go to different sites to download the.  Try myxertones.com, tuneusin.com/mobile, or mobile.blackberry.com.  Plus there are other sites out there.

As for the passwod, you can only password protect the entire device (which I highly recommend), not just the email application.  If the device is lost or stolen, and someone puts the password in wrong 10 times in a row, all of your data will be removed (will happen if you do that, too).  Even if you choose not to password protect your device, I still recommend regular backups of your data 'just in case'

To set the password click on the Options icon, then Security Options, then General Settings.  Set the password to Enabled and when you save the change you can set the password.

If you find a post here helpful, please consider giving the poster some Kudos