Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Ringtones

Hello everyone!  I am a relatively new curve user.  I have downloaded music onto my curve, from my PC.  I would like to know, how can I edit the music to make my ringtones, start and stop where I want them to?
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Ringtones

I went to www.phonezoo.com . It is totally free.  There are a LOT of free ringtones, but you can also load any song from your computer, it gives the option of editing any portion of a song, up to 30 seconds (which is about all the phone will play for a 'ringtone' anyway, starting and stopping wherever you want.  You can then save it to your computer and then load it on your phone, or send it directly to your phone from the website. 

I have done this because there were some songs that I wanted, but when I just select the song as a ringtone, it never gets past the intro before ceasing to 'ring' and going to voicemail and never gets to 'the good part of a song'. 

I've heard of another site to do similar at www.3gforfree.com , but have never tried that one.  I have used the phonezoo.com site with success on my curve.

Re: Ringtones

http://freengtone.com
It allows you to create custom ringtones from any mp3 files. I thought I'd give it a shot.