04-27-2012 02:19 AM
Compared to Apple iPhones or android smartphones, Blackberry smartphones do not take a big role in the market. However, some people are still fasinated with the elegance and RIM OS with Blackberrry Smartphone. Like me~
I have introduced a software to rip Blu-ray to Blackberry tablet in my previous post. This time I would like to say something about how to rip encrypted or copy protected DVD movies to Videos for playback on Blackberry Smartphone. By the way, the phone I have is BlackBerry Torch 9800 as bigger screen is with it while for Bold series, the screen is not big enough for me to watch video and I think Bold series is designed for Businessmen.
The software I use is Any DVD Cloner Platinum. I have used it for a long time so I share my experience here with you.
It is a DVD cloner software originally, then it is added DVD Ripping function. I will not say much about the cloing function as DVD Ripping is the key point I want to share with you.
You can see the main interface of this software, its latest version as I know is 1.1.6, they added more output options including Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy Note, from version 1.1.4. They do not make it work well but some bugs are fixed with 1.1.6.
For my Torch 9800, it supports playing DivX/XviD/MP4/WMV/H.263/H.264, I also check other phones, including Bold and even other android phones, I found MP4 is widely used in all mobile phones, so this program can be used to rip DVD to MP4 for playback on all mobile phones wihtout problems.
The operation is very simple and only a few steps can be done.
1. Download and install Any DVD Cloner Platinum on your PC, insert DVD in to DVD drive.
2. Click "Open DVD" button, let the program load DVD information in the program interface, just like above screenshot
3. Choose the titles that you want to rip to video, otherwise, the longest title will be selected by default.
4. Go to "DVD Ripper" operation panel, choose "Normal", and you will see "MP4" is selected as "Target Format". It means you will get a MP4 video file after the ripping process is done.
5.Click "Start" button to begin the ripping process
6. When the ripping process starts, you can see a processing bar, when it reaches 100%, a window will popup, that is exactly the "Target" folder and you can see the video file is generated and selected successfully.
7. You need to transfer the file to your Blackberry phone or other phones with different OS. For example, I would transfer the video to my Torch 9800, of course, in my 16GB external SD card.
8. Then I can watch my videos anytime and anywhere freely!
Hope it makes sense to other blackberry phones users.
03-26-2013 01:27 AM
As BlackBerry Z10 will be released soon, and I would love to get one. Any DVD Cloner Platinum also supports ripping DVD movies to Z10 with perfect quality I believe. That is quite convenient for those movie-fans like me.