Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

RoxWatchTray9.exe - Application Error

I have successfully installed (after a few tries and some help from these boards) the Desktop Manger and VZAccess Manager on my laptop for my Storm. However, whenever I turn on my computer I get the following error:

RoxWatchTray9.exe - Application Error

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000006). Click on OK to terminate the application.

I click OK and everything seems to work fine (at least everything that I use), but this error continues to show. There is no option to "not show this error again" so I keep getting it. Is it something that I should be concerned about? Is there a way to get it to stop coming up on my system?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: RoxWatchTray9.exe - Application Error

Some time ago I have had got errors in Roxio Media Manager and I decided to avoid use of Roxio Manager and transfer files directly to and from the device.

Below there is an instruction how to do that:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

Contributor

Thanks tbilisoft for the link.

I don't use Roxio either and I have been able to transfer directly from the computer to the Blackberry, but I am wondering how to get rid of this error every time I turn on my laptop. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall (for fear of scewing something else up), but I am a little annoyed by this error over and over again.

Any thoughts?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Blackberry Storm has become a useful business tool, but it doesn't keep my office clean. For that, I turn to an outstanding San Diego janitorial services company.
Developer

RoxWatchTray is a Roxio module.

From my point of view the best way is uninstalling BB Desktop Software and install it again without Roxio.

If you do not want this try to find a startup manager utility (you can google these words) and manage application which are running at startup.

And remove RoxWatchTray.

If you have technical background you can do it manually without startup utility. Run regedit, find and and remove RoxWatchTray9.exe entries from registry: http://www.doshelp.com/HowToView/Registry_Keys.htm

Contributor

Awesome! Thank you for the help! (Kudos and a solution check for you! Thanks again.) Smiley Very Happy

Developer

You are very welcome Smiley Happy