Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Roxio Creator 2009 No Longer Works

I am using Vista 32 bit O/S with all the patches.

When I upgraded to the latest Desktop version (version 96) of the software recently, I found that my Roxio Creator 2009 no longer works.  I can't even open the application up.  When I go to start the Roxio software, I just get a message that "Roxio Creator has stopped working.  A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Any suggestions for getting my Roxio Creator software to function again?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Roxio Creator 2009 No Longer Works

What does this have to do with Blackberry?  Did this occur after installing DM?  Did you install Roxio Media Manager?  If so, that does interfere with other installations of Roxio.  You'll need to uninstall Roxio Media manager and reinstall your othe Roxio software. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

What does this have to do with Blackberry?

Before the upgrade, it worked.  After the upgrade, it doesn't work.  That's what it has to do with BlackBerry.

Did this occur after installing DM?

Yes.

Did you install Roxio Media Manager?

Not to my knowledge, although I am not certain.  I tried to avoid installing the Roxio Media Manager.  I just see on my Desktop software:

- Applications

- Organizer

- Media Sync

- Music

- Pictures

- Videos

When I go About BlackBerry Desktop Software and View details on installed components, I don't see anything related to Roxio.

Where do I check to be sure?

If so, that does interfere with other installations of Roxio.  You'll need to uninstall Roxio Media manager and reinstall your othe Roxio software.

Again, I don't believe that I loaded Roxio Media Manager.  I am not sure where to check. 

If required, how do I uninstall Roxio Media Manager from BlackBerry new desktop software?

Additional Comment Below

If you follow this thread, you will see that I deliberately tried to keep my Roxio and BlackBerry software separate:  http://bit.ly/crTlum  (points to BlackBerry forum post)

I would appreciate further advice and assistance.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I guess I didn't read close enough.  You installed the latest DM 6.0?  That version doesn't contain the same Roxio Media Manager.  It does contain media sync software that will allow sync between iTunes and the BB but I do not know if it's by Roxio. 

Have you tried reinstalling your Roxio Creator software?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

You installed the latest DM 6.0?  That version doesn't contain the same Roxio Media Manager.  It does contain media sync software that will allow sync between iTunes and the BB but I do not know if it's by Roxio.

I have version 6.0.0.40.  I assume that's the latest.

Have you tried reinstalling your Roxio Creator software?

Unless I receive instructions to the contrary, that is my next step.  Uninstall Roxio and reinstall it.  I wasn't sure if there was an easier fix or if reinstalling will conflict with something else associated with BlackBerry.

Guru II

Just an FYI, I am not a RIM employee....I'm just another BB user.  I don't have all the answers on this one.  I know that the older Roxio Media Manager did conflict.  The new DM doesn't have a separate Roxio Media Manager like the old did but it does contain a media sync application in it that sync's iTunes.  Apparently, it does conflict with your existing Roxio software. 

I haven't seen anything posted on this so you're in uncharted territory.  Did you do a Google search of this issue?  Personally, I would start with a reinstall of your Roxio software and let us know what happens.  Sorry, I wish I could be of more help. 

Contributor

John, I saw from your handle that you weren't a RIM employee.  So no worries.

I was hoping that my problem was a common problem and that there was an easy solution.  If I am one of the first to raise this concern, then perhaps it isn't so common.

Uninstalling and reinstalling is no big deal. I will likely do that in the next day or two.  That, I hope will resolve my concerns. I'll report back.

Highlighted
Contributor

I uninstalled and reinstalled.  All is good now.

For those who might encounter the same or similar problem, you might find the following two uninstall procedures helpful:

Complete Uninstall of Creator 9 & 10 on Windows Vista

Complete Uninstall of Creator 2009 and 2010 (Windows Vista and 7)