Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Roxio Media Manager Installation Problem

My Desktop Manager recently updated itself to version 5.   Shortlly therafter I started to get error messages from Window's Installer trying to configure  Roxio Media Manager and not finding a particular roxio media manager .msi file.  This is a very insistent installation routine because no amount of "cancel" or rebooting eliminates the process.  Very frustrating.  The error message is prompting me for an alternate path to the folder containing the installation package but my browing is not finding it.  Maybe it's somewhere else?

What do I need to do to either abort this installation or complete it?   I really don't care either way, since I don't use Media Manager much.  Thanks in advance for your help. 

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Roxio Media Manager Installation Problem

If you don't use media manager, I suggest removing it entirely. In my experience it has caused issues with the desktop manager software. I would uninstall the desktop manager from your computer first. Uninstall the Blackberry Destkop Manager (DTM) using this guide: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02206

Then, Download Blackberry Desktop Manager over here (without media manager): https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Install it and hopefully everything runs fine again. Be sure to reconfigure your sync settings if you use them.

Cheers,

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit:   Blackberry 101   Tips & Tricks

In addition to Kijanasmart's advice, you can use Task Manager to kill the installation routine.

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

I have the same problem , only worst. I removed The Desktop Manager for some reason The Roxio Media manager is still somewhere in the system and in making my computer almost useless. I don't want to reformat it but I don't see any othey way out...any help or  recommendations?

Forums Veteran III

Hi and welcome to the forums!!! HY Go to Control panel-Add/Remove Programs, select and remove media manager there. Let us know how it goes.
IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor

Unfortunately, it didn't work because I already removed the program few days ago but the system, for some reason , still tries to install the Roxio Media Manager and it's doing it continously, slowing and not allowing me to do any installations.

Ideas? and thanks!

Forums Veteran III

raulmen wrote:

Unfortunately, it didn't work because I already removed the program few days ago but the system, for some reason , still tries to install the Roxio Media Manager and it's doing it continously, slowing and not allowing me to do any installations.

Ideas? and thanks!

I'd say you have two options at this point.

1.  If you have the Roxio installation disk, use that to reinstall the program if it had been previously installed on your system.

See this kb as well:  Roxio keep trying to install

2.  I would do a clean uninstall of DM:   Clean Uninstall of BB DM

Reboot your pc once DM removal is completed.

3.  Download and reinstall BB DM:  BB Software

Let us know how it goes.

IrwinII
New Contributor

Problem is the computer doesn't allow me to install or remove BB software or anything other software because Windows installer is continuosly running, trying to install  a virtual version of the Roxio Media Manager.I said virtual because there are no BB programs to install since I removed them weeks ago, when I was still able to remove/install programs. First, the problem wasn't like now, I happened 2 or 3 times in a week but now, I can only stop the installer  for few seconds, no more than 5 or 6 before the it starts the process all over again.

Like I told you, it's a pain in the neck and I don't want to reformat the HD before trying other alternatives.

Contributor

Seems simple enough but before I try that could you explain your "sync settings" suggestion?  I don't want to mess up the following:

I have three email accounts that are picked  up by by BBY: two personal and one business.  I sync my Outlook Calendar in the business account to my BBY.  I don't maintain separate Outlook Calendars in either of the personal accounts. 

Thanks in advance. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Hi Kijana,

The Uninstall guide you suggested describes a process involving tinkering with registry.  Is that absolutely necessary? Would running the Windows Add/Remove Programs function suffice? 

Can you explain your suggestion to reconfigure my "sync settings"?  What's involved? 

Thanks so much.

smp