Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 8330

Re: Roxio Media Manager Installation Problem

sporras wrote:

Hi Kijana,

The Uninstall guide you suggested describes a process involving tinkering with registry.  Is that absolutely necessary? Would running the Windows Add/Remove Programs function suffice? 

Can you explain your suggestion to reconfigure my "sync settings"?  What's involved? 

Thanks so much.

smp

The registry edits are only necessary if you are having trouble uninstalling/reinstalling blackberry desktop manager. If the add/remove programs works fine, then no need to go that far.

The "sync settings" are needed only if you are syncing with a personal calendar on your Outlook. If your phone syncs wirelessly to your work Outlook, then there is no need to configure it.

Kijana
Please remember to:
1. Mark Accept as Solution on the appropriate post once your issue has been resolved
2. Give Kudos to helpful posts (click the star next to the post)
Thanks Smiley Happy
Forums Veteran III
My Device: DTEK60

In the short run, both sporras and raulmen should be able to stop the recurrent installation process by starting Task Manager (ctrl-alt-del) selecting the installation process and selecting "end task."

I have run into this problem myself with a previously installed program, Sonic Cineplayer; the installer continually wants t o install a decoder pack.  I don't have the disks to reinstall the program since it came preinstalled on my pc.  If you have the disk, try reinstalling the errant program.  I am relaying this because the installer my not be trying to reinstall Media Manager but, instead another Roxio or Sonic program that was already installed on your pc.  You may want to look into this.

BTW, my issue began when I first installed DM WITH Media Manager as well.

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I finally solved the problem but going thru "msconfig" to  programs and deleted all related to roxio...it worked!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: DTEK60

raulmen wrote:

I finally solved the problem but going thru "msconfig" to  programs and deleted all related to roxio...it worked!

Excellent.  Glad to hear you got it resolved. 

Now you can use message 7 above to get the links to download your BB software.

Let us know how it goes.  Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I'm in the same boat and the advice so far. has been great.

Question:  When reinstalling v 5.0, should I do the service pack too?  That appears to come up first on the dropdown list provided here:

https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB068C22

Thanks in advance...

Highlighted
My Device: all
My Carrier: all

Roxio keeps popping up solution

1-Have task manager open

2-Go to control panel > Add remove program > remove BB desk top manager

3-Minimize both Task manager & watch the BB desk top uninstall process

4-Deleat Roxio from task manager & watch BB uninstall process

5-Roxio will keep on coming back in your task manager & you keep deleting it

6-Continue deleting Roxio until BB desk top uninstall is complete

7- Now reinstall BB desktop & watch for Roxio Media.

8-When you see Roxio make sure you Do Not select it!

9- You are good to go. You will have BB desk top without Roxio.

10-Send e-mail to those idiots & tell them to stop bothering the public. They should be in jail or pay us hours of trouble shooting