Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Roxio Media Manager

Every time I try to use Roxio Media Manager my computer freezes, and the task manager displays that I am at 100% CPU usage and it stays that way. I use other memory intensive software like Adobe photo and video editing programs and my computer has no problem. My computer couldn't even read the Desktop Manager software disk, so I downloaded it from the BlackBerry website. I can use the other Desktop Manager programs, but no the Media Manager. I read on another post you can just drag and drop files, but when I try to play a video done that way, my phone says there's an error. Is there other software out there that can manage media files for a BlackBerry Storm, or a way to fix Roxio?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Roxio Media Manager

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

I can attest that both music and video files, dragged and dropped via Windows Explorer (when tethered via USB with Mass Storage enabled) will play just fine -- at least on a Storm. I no longer bother with Roxio, Media Manager, or any of the Desktop software at all (except, of course, for OS updates or loading an app that does not have an OTA option). The error your phone says that there is -- what, exactly, is that message?

I can also attest that, when installing, using, removing, or otherwise dealing with Roxio, patience is a must...the only times I've used it, CPU has indeed pegged but it eventually completed whatever it was doing and moved on.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

It says the media type being played is an unsupported type. It is a Quicktime file, would that be it?
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Probably. See this public knowledgebase article regarding supported media types.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB05482&slic...

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Developer

You can avoid use of Roxio Media Manager and transfer media files to device memory card like as removable USB-drive.

Check this article:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&message.id=...

----------------
if your issue solved set "Solution" mark at the relevant post