Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Roxio and transferring media

I have a pearl that i got about 1 wk ago.  I have downloaded songs from the sprint music store onto my SD card.  I also downloaded Ringo.  To use the songs as a ringtone, I have to move the songs from the folder they are in to the media music folder on my SD card.  Roxio isn't recognizing them as songs.  Any suggestions? 

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

Re: Roxio and transferring media

Are the songs actually playing as ringtones?  What format are they in?
New Contributor

According to the ringo software, I am supposed to be able to download songs and then use the songs as ringers.  Songs that I have on my computer are recognized and I have set them as ringers.  Songs that are downloaded from Sprint, Napster etc. Roxio isn't recognizing them as songs.

Regular Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Cable & Wireless

Sounds like a compatability issue.  Stick with MP3 downloads as you can always be assured they will work.
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why buy ringtones for you BB? You can make them yourself with your MP3's and Audacity. Or go to http://tuneusin.com/tuneusin_new/ringtones.php and download them.

Stop paying the MAN!

Message Edited by jram101 on 04-08-2008 02:38 PM
--------------------------------------
BB 8130 Pearl
IT Professional
New Contributor

Thanks for the link to create my own ringtones.  I had no idea... (I really am new to all this). Smiley Wink

New Contributor

Thanks.  I am going to try to create some but I am also going to try to get some from napster.  Ringo claims to be compat. with it.  We'll see.