Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Playbook and Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

S4BB Audiobook won't work - this file could not be opened check that you have the correct permissions and try again

I bought the french audiobook J'accuse from S4BB and it simply doesn't work.  I sought help from Blackberry and got the message that BB doesn't support 3rd party apps.  I contacted S4BB, who by the way says they have a warranty on their apps, and got the email back that "for the issues and refund you would need to contact BlackBerry as the only way you can download to the playbook is through App World we do not have access to their system."

I have deleted the app and re-installed, uninstalled and re-installed, searched permissions (not listed there), and it simply does not work.  It says "this file could not be opened check that you have the correct permissions and try again".

I put a warning comment on blackberry app world that the app doesn't work and that support is hard to get, and Blackberry has removed both the comment and the very low rating I have this.  I found this to be the most disturbing part.

Is there anything I can do to either get this app to work, or get a refund on this app?

Also, why was this comment and rating deleted - this seems to be contrary to the nature of comment sections on apps and does not do a service to your customers who may download this app which doesn't work?