Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: TORCH-9800
My Carrier: AT&T

SEARCH FUNCTION IN THE CALENDAR

PLEASE HELP

I tried to search for an event in my Calendar... I have used the Bold and the Palm in the past and understand 'search' processes.

I first allowed Calendar in the 'search options' window by putting a check mark next to 'calendar'

I have tried search from the home screen by:

1. typing the event name I am searching for, that doesn't work [I've tried different events like: dentist, etc....and also checked my spelling], then

2. I tried the little magnifying glass... and typed the event key word in the search area....THAT DIDN'T WORK...it couldn't find anything except matching words in my Contacts, Memo, Notes...but NOTHING FROM CALENDAR

then

I went to the Calendar screen and tried it using the magnifying glass...still nothing [it offers me a web search etc... by nothing from my calendar]

I also tried it using the Blackberry button, clicking on Search, and putting in the search term...still NOTHING!!!

I am extremely frustrated.

PLEASE HELP

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: SEARCH FUNCTION IN THE CALENDAR

The Torch 9800 native device search will not locate a text string in contacts, memopad, email or anywhere else on the device unless it appears in the subject field, name field, or the company field. The Torch 9800 search tool is optimized to search the web and social media sites, but not the device itself.  The Bold 9000 had a much better native device search app that would do what you want, but Blackberry dumbed it down in the OS for the Torch 9800.  Until someone comes up with a 3rd Party App, there is no way to search and locate a text string anywhere on the Torch 9800 device unless it appears in one of those fields.