Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

SIM card error message

Hello,

For last 2 weeks I've had a SIM card error message on my Torch 9800. It also shows an SOS message where the signal strength should be. The error message goes away when I'm in range of a wireless network which my phone has been set up for (my home, and where I work). Otherwise it won't receive/sent messages when I'm outside one of these zones.

I've had tried opening the phone up and removing/reinserting the SIM card. It doesn't help.

I took my phone into a Telus store this weekend to have it looked at. They were going to send it away to be fixed, until they scanned my phone's bar code and discovered it was an unregistered handset. It's unregistered because my brother, who is a RIM employee, purchased the phone for me on the family employee plan. When I explained this, they said they couldn't send it away to be fixed.

Now I have a phone that pretty much doesn't work, except in very small zones. What can I do to get my phone fixed. Does this sound like something I can do myself, or do I need to send it to RIM to be fixed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: SIM card error message

does your SIM card work fine in another 3g phone? It could be teh SIM card, i had one fail on me before and your carrier can do it fro free

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V