Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: torch 9810
My Carrier: blackberry

SIM not allowed :3

I rebooted my BB today and after it was switched on SIM not allowed :3 appeared on my screen top!
I am just not able to receive any phone calls or texts.. But my BBM is still working !!

What should be done to solve this problem !!
Anyone please help

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: SIM not allowed :3

If all was working fine and it just quit on it's own I would suspect a bad sim card. Get a replacement from your carrier.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone uk

hello i have a Bold 9900 running on 5.0

yesterday it was performing very slow so i tried to reboot it using QuickPull. it got an error so i just did 

the usual battery pull. after doing such, my bb just got "Sim Not Allowed:3"

I can send/receive texts and calls but I cant use my wifi and bbm.

is there a way to fix it? I hope you could reply. thank you Smiley Very Happy

New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: TMobile

No SIM or SIM not allowed:3

Had the same problem sporadic problem for 3 months....

QUICK FIX:
1- First pull out the SIM for 30 sec, clean with a cotton cloth insert and restart.

2- Get a New SIM form your carrier.

Since then I have switched my BB 9900 2 times and changed the SIM 3 times,

MY CONCLUSION: I suspect this is a software or carrier error i have been with T Mobile for 9 years and just in the past 3 months error like these appear.

All the best!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Make sure your carrier is sending you the latest versions of their sim cards, too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Thanks John
Well I pick them up at the store... so I guess they are using the latest. My wife's phone has had the same problem about 3 times a month. That is why I suspect tower/carrier issue.

Guru II

If it happens again, contact Tmo through their phone support and let them know. Often the people in the store don't know much about that and just pull a sim out of a drawer and give it to you.

New Contributor

Called TMo they are sending NEW SIMS via mail.... this should take 3 days.... willl see.
All the best!