Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: orange

SIM not allowed:3

I upgraded the software on my blackberry curve 8520 last night and woke up this morning to a message telling me that my sim card is not allowed. Apparently i've entered my pin wrong 3 times which is impossible as ive not entered my pin once. I know cant use my phone to make or recieve calls, texts etc.Just wondering if anyone knows how i can sort this?

My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Vodafone uk

Re: SIM not allowed:3

hello i have a Bold 9900 running on 5.0

yesterday it was performing very slow so i tried to reboot it using QuickPull. it got an error so i just did 

the usual battery pull. after doing such, my bb just got "Sim Not Allowed:3"

I can send/receive texts and calls but I cant use my wifi and bbm.

is there a way to fix it? I hope you could reply. thank you Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Hi kallan2010,

After 3 wrong attempt your SIM will ask for PUK code which provided to you when you purchased the SIM for the first time. Just enter right PUK code and everything will be become normal again. remember, if your enter 10 wrong PUK no. then your SIM will be damaged permanently. In that case you'll have to have a new SIM card from your service provider.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Torch 9810

I have also tried this trick. You have to insert a SIM card in any other carrier and after getting signal in that Carrier. You can also get Signals in your own BB Device.
I hope it will helpful to you .......