Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Z10

Re: SIM not allowed

Dear urumilton,
I bought new blackberry z10 it's impression but Little i get the screen S.O.S sim not allowed, so i should change new sim? Cause Last i had bb 9900 bold i got the screen (sim not allowed) more than 4 times everyday,

Waiting for your kind reply
Abed
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Z10

Should i change new sim or what?

Abed
Visitor
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: Telkomsel

I've been encountered such a problem several times. First time, I think it was the SIM card, but after I changed the card, the problem still existed. Later, I tried to upgrade the OS, but still the same. Then, I figured that such a problem happened when I'm on an area where the signal coverage isn't good (happened frequently during workday at my office). But when I'm on holiday or weekend, I don't encounter this problem.

My conclusion, based on my experience, it's because of the lack of signal coverage.

Anyone has different opinion or solution? Can't wait to read the response(s)

Regards,

PS: Forgive my English Smiley Happy

My Device: 9810
My Carrier: sun cellular

My 9810 does the same thing.  My conclusion is this: once signal is scarce, my blackberry switches to a different carrier (carrierB) and since my sim is from carrierA, naturally, carrierB will not allow my sim to register.  Hence the "SIM IS NOT ALLOWED".

This is a problem that should already be fixed. 

Manual network selection doesn't work.

My Device: B9000
My Carrier: TMobile

I have had the same issue when I travel and use some of the cheap SIMs in South East Asia. It usually helped to reset the network settings and the BlackBerry would find the new provider network.

My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Torch 9810

I have also tried this trick. You have to insert a SIM card in any other carrier and after getting signal in that Carrier. You can also get Signals in your own BB Device.
I hope it will helpful to you .......