Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9360
Accepted Solution

SMIME Support

Hello,

I recently converted to the Blackberry Tour from a Windows Moblie device. I am struggling with an issue that is critical in our line of work and that is I can no longer open emails from our .mil clients. I am not able to open SMIME messages. I am not on a BES and utilize Desktop Manager.

So, my questions are as follows:

1) Is there a app that I can load in to resolve this issue.

2) Is there a workaround that can assist in resolving the issue.

Best Regards and Semper Fidelis!

James Hensley

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: SMIME Support

I'm not sure if you need a BES to process the S/MIME messages, but I know you can use the Application Loader to install S/MIME support.

Check out this post

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryEnterpriseSolution&message....

If you have S/MIME installed already and it's not working you may need a BES.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor
My Device: Tour 9360

Sorry. I got overly enthused by a moderation of success and assumed the end was near.

I was able to load the certificates into the Tour.

However, when I go to certificate search the server name says *default*. (Since I have no LDAP connectivity a suggestion would be helpful) It shows no certificates. Yet by clicking on the *No Certificates* it shows all of the certificates that were synchronized.

It is quite urgent that I be able to work with these Digitally Signed emails while on the road.

Any ideas?

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

I have no idea. I never messed with S/MIME when I was on a BES. I found this PDF about S/MIME. Not sure if it helps any. Someone else may have an idea. Sorry

http://docs.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables//2237/S_MIME_Support_Package_Version_4.5_Security_Techni...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.