Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Currently Wind Italy

SMS Delivery Notification --> need to turn it off, but no option

Greetings!

I have an American Blackberry Storm I am using in Italy on WIND. I am getting charged for SMS Delivery Notifications, but the Delivery Reports option is not available on my device. The provider tells me that they can't turn it off, it has to be turned off by the phone. What can I do to see this option on my phone?

Thank you.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: SMS Delivery Notification --> need to turn it off, but no option

I assume the OS on your Storm is OS5.

home screen >> options icon >> SMS
youi get to a page titled "SMS".
in the Messages options, you have a setting named "Delivery Report", which you can set to "off"

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

It wasn't listed there. After an hour on the phone with the carrier, I got him to reset my plan and that turned the option back on the handheld. Until then, it was not visible via the phone.

Now I just have to figure out why my phone does not connect to the Blackberry service. I get an edge signal, but I only get EDGE every few days, and it only lasts a few minutes. I have been told it is congestion in the area, but that was not the case two months ago when it was working perfectly. At this point, I am paying for a service I am not getting, so I may have to swich to a different phone. Sigh...

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

I have a different interpretation... keep the phone and switch carrier.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor

Definitely an option, but I find that around here Blackberry service is spotty with everyone. Starting to research my options now, not sure what I will choose.