Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SMS Icon disappeared.

The SMS icon disappeared from the list of icons. Now I have to retrieved all SMS from the Messages icon where I have scroll thru pages of emails to find my sms. I have checked and confimred that I did not accidentally hided the icon.

Any idea what happened and how can I get the icon back?

Thanks.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Re: SMS Icon disappeared.

My mail icon disappeared and I took out my battery for one minute and waited for the bold to reboot after I put it back in..Then like magic, my icon was there again!
New Contributor

aming63,

Thanks a lot.I tried your method but it did not work for me.

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

You can try resetting your default theme by doing the following:

1. Go into Options | Theme
  2. Hit your menu button, and choose Reset Theme Defaults

Also make sure the icon isn't hidden. From the main screen hold your ALT key then click on an icon and choose Show All. See if you see your SMS icon then. If you do just ALT+click on it and uncheck Hide 
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

Go into MESSAGES, then click OPTIONS, then click "GENERAL OPTIONS" -- and select "SMS and Email Inboxes" -- choose "SEPARATE". On your unit, it is possible that it was set to "THEME CONTROLLED" or "COMBINED". 

Hope this helps.

Ken

New Contributor

Many Thanks to Ken. I got my SMS icon back. My unit is set to Combined for Mail and SMS.

Alex.

DrB
New Contributor

Thanks to you all but I have tried all of these and still haven't got my SMS Icon back (though now I have 'seperated' email and SMS I can receive emails again.) The SMS Icon is gone and I can't receive texts though I did manage to send one last night by going directly through a contact (my wife). She received the text, replied but, alas, I have not got it.

I did phone Orange (my phone provider) on Sunday but I have had no response from them, surprise, surprise.

Any other advice? Help!

Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Did your phone vibrate or make a tone indicating that you received a text message? Or did the sms indicator icon appear to indicate that you received a text message?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm sure by now you got your problem fixed, but for others out there,  I found another way to retrieve the icon if it disappears from the home screen:

In the Home screen, select any icon and then hold the ALT key while clicking on it.  A menu will pop up and then click on Options.  Scroll down to Reset Icon Arrangement and then click on it and click on Yes.  This worked for me.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

[ Edited ]

I can see my text icon/how many texts i have unread, but my phone doesnt vibrate/make a sound/show the red dot. And i can't get to my messages because my icon is missing.