Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SMS MMS text messaging

Anyone have any idea on what's going on the the text messaging service on the new 8350i.  It appears as if there is a MAJOR flaw in the system as the incoming/ougoing messages are seriously delayed, if they get there at all.  I know others are having the same issues after reading several forum questions.

If there is a fix I would love to hear it.  Other than taking the battery out(Doesn't work)

Re: SMS MMS text messaging

Please someone with a fix to this issue.  Will not receive message until 6-12 hours later.  Frustrated.

I am having the same issue.  I have called Sprint SEVERAL times to try and see what is causing the problem.  According to Sprint, there was a huge delay with the text messages, and they stated that the problem would be resolved within 48 hours.  But, it has been more than 48 hours, and there are still many problems with the text messages.  I find it ridiculous to have to keep taking the battery out in order to receive new messages, especially with a NEW phone. 
Contributor
My Device: Verizon Curve 8330/Jabra BT

My best guess is it is a distinctly Sprint issue, and only solved by Sprint. My Verizon unit has no problem like that. Sorry.

John K Waggener
Highlighted
New Contributor

i was having the same problem and just found this option

If you have not received a registration message from the wireless network, register your device. In the device options, click

Advanced Options. Click Host Routing Table. Press the Menu key. Click Register Now.

repeat this for every connection in this folder, i just did it and my text messaging is now working!!!