Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

SMS Messages

Blackberry will not save sent SMS messages, so I cannot forward them or refer back to them. Suggestions?

Thanks.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8120

Re: SMS Messages

Hi JackN

In your messages folder hit your menu key (to the left of the trackball) and select view folder. Next select SMS outbox and your messages should be there.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. That was working when I got the phone a month ago, but has since stopped working and I can't find a troubleshoot for this problem.

Jack

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

How much free memory do you have on your device? On the home screen hold down the ALT key and then type EACE. Scroll down to the File Free parameter and let us know what it is.

I am having the same issue: my phone does not receive messages, and all of the messages and calls that were in my device were deleted.  I did recently download the google maps application, but that was about 3 weeks before this happened.  I have very few files in my phone... maybe about 10 pictures.  I tried the EACE and I have 12257425 bytes left.  Any thoughts?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

I would recommand you to pull out battery for 30 sec. and then check the free spack on your device. Move thouse 10 pics to your memory card. You can also use memory cleaning apps to be free from memory constrainst.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

I have 970499 Bytes listed under File Free.

Jack

Highlighted
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

JackN wrote:

I have 970499 Bytes listed under File Free.

Jack

You will need to free up some memory on your device, as you have less than 1MB available. This will cause loss of messages and call logs. Try doing the reset where you remove the battery from the device (while it is still powered on) for about 10 seconds, then reinsert. Then check the available memory again.