Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

SMS Pending--won't send

Hi,

I just got my Curve last week.  Had no problems sending SMS messages until today.  Now it keeps saying Pending and won't send.  I checked my settings and I have it set for immediate delivery.  I am able to receive texts.

I am super frustrated....anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: SMS Pending--won't send

AGH me too! I just got a BB pearl for my birthday today. I can recieve texts, but I can't reply to any of them. It's driving me insane! One guy on yahoo answers told me:

"You need a memory card, trust me, it's a known issue. Ask your local store...there is a setting that makes it work right when you put the card in and it will fix it."

I'm kind of skeptical, but who knows... Just curious if you have a memory card in your BB?

Contributor
My Device: 8320, 8700, 7105, 7100

Sorry but an sd card will not help.
www.e46fanatics.com
New Contributor

I fixed it!!!  I went to the Bell store today and they told me to do a hard reboot.  Basically, with the phone on, they took the battery out.  When is restarted it worked like a charm.

Now if I can just figure out a few more quirks then I may actually begin to like this phone!!!

New Developer

I had the exact same problem as this with my new BB Storm. From new, everything was working fine, except the ability to SEND SMS texts. I was searching through the menus for about three days. Vodafone and Blackberry support wasn't worth a toss.

In the end, tucked away in the middle of the SMS menu in the options page, I suddenly noticed the Service Centre listing - which tucked in between two other options both with drop down menus. When you eventually manage to highlight it (which is tricky as it's so small), it brings up a blinking cursor and wants the service centre number. It was missing!!!

Chucking it in, cured the problem immediately. What a pain in the ass.

if you have a verizon phone there is something else you can do other than a hard battery pull. The kind lady at Verizon taught me how to do a soft reset. First you type ##000000 then hit send. A crazy looking list will appear called the CDMA Service Edit Screen. Scroll down to where it says "A-Key:". The SIP Password is "vzw" make sure it's lowercase. When you have the password typed in, press the Blackberry Menu key and select save. SUCCESS! Your phone has been reset without doing a harsh battery pull.

Great tip thanks, resolved the problem perfectly on my Verizon Tour (9630).  Just expect a longggg reboot cycle... stayed on the clock for a good 5 minutes!

My Device: Blackberry Curve

Yeah, please help .

my blackberry will send a normal text, then the person recieving it will receive half off the text and with little boxes and missing most of it ... please help  .

Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Helpme101010 wrote:

Yeah, please help .

my blackberry will send a normal text, then the person recieving it will receive half off the text and with little boxes and missing most of it ... please help  .

Model?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520

this was very useful! i have had my blackberry for 3 weeks now and that is it just working with texts, o2 were no use in helping me, and this was my last resort, thankyou Smiley Happy