Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810 / Playbook
My Carrier: AT&T

SMS Text Messages

How do I save my text messages to my micro sd card all at once, or do I have to do it one by one? Please explain how to save text conversations to my card so I can later access them.

Also, on the other end of the spectrum, how do I delete all my SMS texts at one time? I can easily figure out how to do it one by one, but I have over 100 that I want to do all at one time.

Thanks.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: SMS Text Messages

You can't save your text messages to your sd card. 

You can delete all your sms messages by highlighting the date and click the menu key and select "Delete Prior."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810 / Playbook

Hmm, ok, I knew about the delete prior but I was hoping there were more ways to delete such as by date or person etc...

As for saving text messages, is there a way I can I save multiple text messages at a time to a folder so they aren't in my current text message list?

Maybe this will help you understand what I'm trying to do - I need to save some conversations for future reference but I don't want them cluttering up my inbox. I thought I could save them to a folder and then access them from there at a future time. Then, when I was done with these 40 or so texts, I could delete them.

Thanks for any input!

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

I think all you can do is "save" them.  They will go into the saved messages folder.  Then you can delete from the inbox and they're still in the saved folder.  Then you can delete them from there. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

hi. Where do the saved messages go? I also want to keep them and am changing my phone (non BB), but cannot move those saved messages to my SIM card.

Help!

Forums Veteran III
My Device: Classic 10.3.2.798 OS + Playbook 64Gb

Hi and welcome to the forums! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

As John_Clark pointed out above, they are saved to the "Saved Messages" folder, homescreen-sms and mms-menu key-view saved messages.  I don't have any there to check myself, but perhaps you can copy/paste them into an email to yourself where you can save them until you get your new (non BB?) phone.

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: globe telecom

missing sms/mms icon

hi, i also can't find my sms icon. i can see how many messages i have but i can't view them, i've been using my blackberry bold for 6 months, just the other day i noticed i don'y have the icon.

thanks in advance.goodday!

Forums Veteran III

Re: missing sms/mms icon

Hi and welcome to the forums jc! Smiley Happy

A couple of places for you to visit: Blackberry 101    Tips & Tricks

Perhaps you have accidentally hidden the folder.  Home screen-menu-show all

You can also open your email icon, then hit menu-options-general options-scroll down to SMS and Email inboxes: Separate.    Save any changes and see if that helps.  If you have changed themes and had that option set to theme controlled, that could explain why your sms icon is "missing."

Happy to have you here! Smiley Very Happy

IrwinII
Please remember to "Accept as Solution" the post which solved your thread. If I or someone else have helped you, please tell us you "Like" what we had to say at the bottom right of the post.
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: globe telecom

hi again, thank you for your reply but your suggestion didn't work., do you still have other option?., million thanks...,Woman Sad

Forums Veteran III

@JC - which of my suggestions did you try that did not work? Sometimes whether you see a separate sms icon is theme controlled. Try using a different theme. See if you sms icon then appears. Let us know. Smiley Happy
IrwinII