Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon
Accepted Solution

SMS Text

I have had a Blackberry Storm 2 9550 on the Verizon network  for over a year.  2 days ago I lost the ability to send SMS text messages.  My message screen looks as if it has been sent, but no one has received them.  No settings have been changed.  Help!  I've searched all Boards and websites but haven't been able to find a resolution to the problem. I have pulled the battery with no improvement. Suggestions?   

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550

Re: SMS Text

got a response on Crackberry and it's fixed!  I was connected to a wi-fi system until friday.  Apparently, if you have had a wi-fi connection and then it is disconnected, you can't send out a text.  If you turn off both the wi-fi and network connections, then turn on only the network connection it send texts again.  Irritating but I'll remember to do that the next time I disconnect from a wi-fi system. 

Forums Advisor II
My Device: 9550 Storm2/Verizon

Interesting.  I have a 9550 and alternately use the Verizon 3G and Wi-fi networks.  I've never experienced an SMS failure following the switch.  One of life's little mysteries, which makes owning a Storm interesting and at times, frustrating, but never boring.  Glad you resolved your problem and thank you for being a good community member and linking to the resolution information.  That happens all too infrequently!

Наглый пес! Вы должны быть благодарны мы даем Вам возможность проживать в нашем мире!
BB 9550 Verizon OS 5.0.0.1015 My Storm My Blackberry My Lifeline
If there is a Theme on my Blackberry, Hedone it!
If someone successfully helped you with an issue, say thank you by clicking "kudos" in their post and clicking the star.
Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post that solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Storm 1 - 9500
My Carrier: MTN NIGERIA

Good evening people,

I own a blackberry 9500 storm 1 and i updated it  to version 5.0...but as soon as i did that, i noticed that all my SMS msgs were lumped up into just one user...that is, the first user who sends me an sms when my inbox msgs have been cleared, i found out that i can't reply anyone with msgs below this user except this first sender otherwise, i have to delete all my msgs and then send a new sms, pls what can i do?

Please help me, i'm on the verge of smashing this phone against a wall. Man Sad

P.S..JSanders...pls reply this too if u r online...

Omolexy