Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility
Accepted Solution

SMS Tracker

How can I find out if an sms tracker has been installed on my Torch 9800?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: SMS Tracker

Look in the list of installed applications. Did someone gain physical access to your device? If not, and you didn't install one then there isn't one installed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Thanks John. I checked that and nothing has been installed. However, the website that advertises the sms tracking software says that it is undetectable. If it showed up under installed apps in "My World" in Blackberry World, wouldn't that mean that it is in fact detectable? Is it possible to have an sms tracker installed in a manner in which I would be unable to find it? Thanks for your time.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Go to Settings. Type in Application Management. Are there any apps in there that you didn't install? No app can be installed without your knowing it and being listed there. If you're really concerned you can make a backup with Desktop Software and then do a Security Wipe on the device. Then restore your backup.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!