Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

SMS adding History PROBLEM! Storm

I have a Storm 9530 and when I am included in a group text, when I reply all it will send my reply plus the whole history of the previous texts.  Even when I delete them from my phone, if I reply all it sends the whole past history along with my reply.  Does any one know a fix for this? 

Thanks

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: SMS adding History PROBLEM! Storm

That is an old device. However, I think there is an option in the SMS settings that allows you to edit how many messages to include in replies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

I can't find anything to limit the number of texts that forward?  It is like it is a string of emails?  I don't even think there is a separate option screen between email and SMS's it looks to be the same.  But thanks for trying.  Please let me know if you can think of anything else to try.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Open your text message folder. Hit the menu key and go to Options. Is there an option in there? It's been a long time since I've used a device that old so I don't remember for sure but I thought there was a setting for it.

Keep in mind, that info isn't really being sent every time. it's just being displayed on your BB that way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I guess when you say folder, your talking about the text message tile that says SMS and MMS where my messages are.  When I open it, it has options then general options but nothing about limiting the number of messages or anything else.  And it looks like the exact same menu as when I open it on the email side.  Matter of fact one of the options after general options is Email Settings??? 

And the problem is really not on my end.  If I am included in a group text and reply back if there has been 2 to 30 + previous messages, when I reply back everyone else gets my reply plus the other 30 + previous messages in the text is what they are telling me.  I don't see a problem on my end but it is like my phone is sending the text back as an email with the whole history of the conversation attached.

Thanks for the help.