Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

SMS and Email Messages while on the Phone

I can't get or send any sms or email messages while I'm talking on the phone.  I have the 8330.  Is this normal?  Is there anyway to fix that?
Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

Re: SMS and Email Messages while on the Phone

[ Edited ]

This is carrier and coverage/technology dependent. To be able to send/receive messages while on a voice call you must have an EVDO signal ("1XEV" indicator will be displayed). If you only have a 1x or 1X indicator you will not be able to do both activities at the same time.

Message Edited by edjm on 07-18-2008 12:50 PM
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

The above mention post explains how both SMS and Phone can be used in CDMA network. In GSM you can olny have this option if your are in 3G/HSDPA network.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

tanzim wrote:
The above mention post explains how both SMS and Phone can be used in CDMA network. In GSM you can olny have this option if your are in 3G/HSDPA network.

For the original poster -- just to be clear, your 8330 is a CDMA phone, so you will be looking for the 1XEV coverage indicator.