Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Not Specified

SMS by PC

I have 8900 just 2 days. I need write sms from PC and send from BlackBerry. Imposible to do that?

Developer

Re: SMS by PC

[ Edited ]
It's very easy to google for it. Different service providers have different internet gates for that. But it usually works. For example I configured my bank account to send real-time info about my transaction. It's very convenient. You can although get issues with the non-English alphabets, I guess it depends on the service provider as well. Try in google - "send sms to mobile phone from Internet"
Message Edited by dshaz on 06-14-2009 01:36 AM
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

If I understand you correctly, you're trying to write a SMS in your PC via application (like Nokia PC Suite) and want to send it from your BlackBerry by connecting  it through USB cable. I'm sorry to say there is no such option on BlackBerry.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Developer

[ Edited ]
http://www.geckoandfly.com/tag/send-sms-to-mobile/
Message Edited by dshaz on 06-14-2009 02:50 AM
Developer

He can send it to himself using the gate and then combine/forward it to somebody else. Or just send directly to someone using the gates mentioned above in this thread.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

dshaz wrote:
He can send it to himself using the gate and then combine/forward it to somebody else. Or just send directly to someone using the gates mentioned above in this thread.

Hi dshaz,

If I'm not wrong...The user wants to send SMS from from WEB as if the SMS is sent from his BlackBerry. There are two menthods -One, most operator have such service called WEB SMS where you can login to a particular site (provided by Opetator) and send SMS. Here charges will be deducted from the users account and receiver of the sms will see it as SMS from senders mobile. Second, connecting handset though a desktop application (here dekstop manager), type and send from that apps will send the sms from the device...likewise Nokia PC Suite does for Nokia phones.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Developer

I'd agree except one point. I don't login to some web site as you pointed above, I just transfered the phone number to the valid email address and I can send a regular email to my own phone or any other phone. Afaik, every mobile service provider has its own gate that can be used for this service. It's free for me as a sender. And I'm not sure if the receiver should pay, probably he needs to pay, I don't know because I have unlimited SMS/MMS messages. My bank accounts are working in the same way, I just programmed them to send me the real-time info. The home voice message system sends me MP3 files to my mobile phone as MMS messages as well. It's very convenient to get these messages just a few seconds after the phone call. I could readdress the phone calls to my mobile, but I don't want to pay for the call, the MMS messages are unlimited and if I need I will just call back. So it works with any email client.
Developer

What I have done in the past is create a note in Microsoft Outlook that contain the message and then save it. They I sync my outlook to my BB. Then I open the note and copy it to a SMS message on the BB and send it.

Long time consuming task, but it does get the job done. Smiley Happy

Developer

T-mobile allows you to send an EMAIL to 1234567890@tmomail.net, where 1234567890 is the area code and phone number of thephone you wish to send the TEXT MESSAGE to.  When you send the email, it's ocnverted to a text message and sent to the phone.  The down side is, the received text message is in the format "senders@email.address / Subject / Message Text" which means after the email address and subject have been included in the text message, there's not much space left for the actual text of the message!