Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9300
My Carrier: Vodafone India

SMS icon turns into a Green icon and there is no text in the body

[ Edited ]

Hi.

I am not a very tech savvy person, and a newbie to the BB world.

I own a BB Curve 9300, since June, 2011.

I have a habit of saving all my sms text messages, and that was exactly what I was doing on my BB since June, 2011, from day one of using the phone.

However it seems that any sms beyond a month old automatically turns blank and becomes a green icon.

Am lost since a lot of personal smses have vanished, including Flight tkt details - a day before my flight too..

Kindly help.. lately the smses have turned green just 3 weeks out.... am desperate... since I also get a Application Memory full message.. inspite of saving all pics and music files on a 4GB memory card.

Any assistance would be appreciated, as I would have to switch to my previous Samsung phone otherwise, even though it lacks a lot of features like my current BB..

I take a daily backup thru BB Protect, but it doesnt makes things better.

Please help!!!

Alston (edit out personal information)

India

My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G with 6.0 OS
My Carrier: Idea

Re: SMS icon turns into a Green icon and there is no text in the body

yeh same problem here too and in exactly same model......your post is 2 weeks old and no one has answered it yet........the same green sms icon comes up and my text msg goes blank....... someone clarify........(and yes i know that it is not a draft message) Soppy
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9300 3G with 6.0 OS
My Carrier: Idea

Re: SMS icon turns into a Green icon and there is no text in the body

yes and also my free memory is 22 MB on the device and 1.5GB on the storage card....