Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Airtel

SMS inbox doesn't show new messages after upgrading to OS 5.0.0.681. SMS format appears as IM.

My SMS inbox doesnt show new messages and also my Curve 8900 doesnt prompt for any new messages. However, the Mobiso application (which logs calls, texts) shows messages coming in with its text lengths. I asked this to Blackberryhelp on Twitter but it said to contact service provider, but there is nothing wrong with it. The format of the SMS inbox should have something wrong otherwise the Mobiso application should not have logged all messages.

Please help me, i am missing all my daily SMS since last 20 days.

Will degrading the OS help? Which is recommended OS version for BB Curve 8900?

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: SMS inbox doesn't show new messages after upgrading to OS 5.0.0.681. SMS format appears as IM.

Hi and welcome to the forums!

Do a battery pull (hard reset) on your device as your first step. 

Get a full backup of your device using the Blackberry Desktop manager.

The Mobiso app appears to "frontend" your messages, meaning the app is directing where the messages are stored and displayed. The Blackberry OS serves as a platform to support the Mobiso app. I would suggest re-installing the Mobiso software using the setup videos on their support site. If you need to provide Blackberry tech specs to Mobiso we will help provide them.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

KB02141How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone

No data will be lost when doing the following: pull the battery while the device is ON.
Replace after a minute, Let the device reboot 1-3 min, see if the problem is fixed.

Mobiso installation and setup documentation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5t2AIkHAwk

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

New Contributor

Re: SMS inbox doesn't show new messages after upgrading to OS 5.0.0.681. SMS format appears as IM.

HI Bifocals,

Thanks for your quick reply. Can I change my SMS inbox format to be simple rather than the IM format. I didnt find any option to do so. Please help.

As you suggested, I am going to uninstall the Mobiso app and try if I can view my messages otherwise I would have Hard-reset'd my phone many times in the past 15 days. That didnt work.

Will let you know what happens.

Thanks,

Hardik

New Contributor

Hello Bifocals,

I did Hard-reset twice and also the uninstalled the Mobiso application but none of them worked.

I think there is problem with the SMS inbox format which is showing text messages as IM format. I do have a lot of free space as well (87 MB out of 252 MB).

Please suggest further.

Thanks,

Hardik

Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Here are some good articles listing the available methods for organizing and displaying messages in device OS 5.0. If you can't set your exact preferences I suggest looking in AppWorld for custom programs.

Let us know how it goes!

Thanks,

Bifocals

What is new in BlackBerry Device Software 5.0   

Option for separate SMS and Email message inboxes is missing

How to integrate SMS text messages with BlackBerry Messenger 5.0

SMS text messages received from multiple senders appear in the same conversation thread on the Black...  

Organizing your inbox’s main Messages list

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter