Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: SMS message alerts vs email alerts

arizonacowboy wrote:

I combined my email and sms messages. I wish I hadn't. It created another incon on the home screen for sms and email.

I went back and seperated them as previously selected, but I still have the sms mms folder, msg folder and email folders on my home screen.

I would like sms and mms to go to one folder, and my email to the email folders only.

I would like to delete some existing folders from my home screen.

Can you please advise me?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

The way to keep SMS/MMS in one folder and email in one folder is to go your OPTIONS icon > SCREEN/KEYBOARD > Scroll down to sms/email messages and SEPARATE.  

Regarding existing folders on your home screen --  highlight over the icon you are wanting to remove > press the menu button >>  then hide... this will hide that icon and remove it from the home screen. 

Glad you found the forums!  Glad you are here! 

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
My Device: Not Specified

NurseBerry, you're awesome, thanks! I'm embarrassed, I have the "old phone" or maybe "cheap phone" because I don't have that Advanced option on Profiles. But I also don't have a trackball. I have a trackwheel and Return button, and I don't think I have a Menu button (or do I?). My phone has 3 bars across under the screen and none of them have the puppy feet look. Can you either tell me where my Menu button might be, and if I don't have one, then how to assign a tone to my text messages without it? THX
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

swupong wrote:
I have a trackwheel and Return button, and I don't think I have a Menu button (or do I?). My phone has 3 bars across under the screen and none of them have the puppy feet look.

Is it a BlackBerry phone ? If so, you can see on the website to get the reference of the device :

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/archived/

once that is done, my advice is for you to go to another board on this forum, entitled :

Other BlackBerry Smartphones and Devices

and post your question about how to configure the SMS thing on this device.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: verizon

<<The way to keep SMS/MMS in one folder and email in one folder is to go your OPTIONS icon > SCREEN/KEYBOARD > Scroll down to sms/email messages and SEPARATE.  >>

When I go to Options > Screen/Keyboard > I don't have a sms/email messages separate option.

It's a little frustrating because after reading this thread it seems like it isn't possible to do what I want to do which is just have my text messages seperate from my emails.  I only have one email account but it gets a lot of mail and I'm likely to miss texts if I can't seperate them.  The above suggestion seemed like it would do exactly what i needed but I don't have that sms/email option under screen/keyboard.  Any other suggestions?  Thank you!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

That setting (to separate SMS from Messages) is actually in different places depending on device OS level. I don't know definitively which OS levels have it where, but if it's not where you were previously directed, then check these two:

• Homescreen > Messages > BBKey > Options > General Options > find a setting for separating SMS/MMS and set it to Separate

• Homescreen > Messages > BBKey > Main Message List Settings > uncheck those items you don't want displayed in Messages

Hopefully one of those will have what you are looking for. The BB is indeed capable of doing it, it's just that they keep moving the setting around.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: verizon

I was able to find it with those instructions.  Many thanks sdgardne!!