10-06-2008 11:27 AM
10-20-2008 10:03 PM
10-25-2008 02:38 PM
i have a 8330 from Verizon... on my original phone 4 weeks ago, there was a seperate folder for sms and mms messages, aside form the regular MESSAGES folder that holds all emails and sms messages.
NOW, I just got a replacement phone from insurance and I do not have a seperate folder icon for the main screen, specifically for SMS and MMS messages...how do i create one?
10-27-2008 07:55 PM - edited 10-27-2008 07:59 PM
Welcome to Blackberry! I love mine too! I am almost a 2 month bb addict!
To SEPARATE EMAIL from SMS icon:
12-19-2008 04:29 AM
Also, in Profiles -> Advanved -> Menu -> Edit you can change the notification options for email, SMS, MMS, and Phone to have different notifications so that when your SMS text comes in it sounds different from when an email comes in.
12-19-2008 05:37 AM
Welcme to the Frums!
You will get the hang of the blackberry! This is my first one too! I love it and I am sure you will too.
This is from one of the forum members Jsanders: I will edit the parts that you need for your question.
GO TO YOUR HOME SCREEN
1. Select the Profiles icon (mine looks like a speaker)
2. A box will appear where you can quick select between Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal, Phone Only, and Off.
3. If you want to edit the tones assigned to the device applications then select the last option, Advanced
(some older models and OS 4.1 and below will not have the "Advanced" step--if Advanced is not present go directly to Step 4 below).
4. Select the profile you wish to edit. (Loud, Vibrate, Quiet, Normal (default), Phone Only, Off)
Note: on the 8100, 8800, and 8300 models: Do not click the trackball. Instead, click the menu key to the left of the trackball).
Note: The profile that is in use will say: (Active)
5. You will now see a list of all applications that can have a tone assigned (Browser, Calendar, Level 1 Messages, Messages (firstname.lastname@example.org), Messenger, MMS, Phone, SMS, Task ect..)
6. Select the application you wish to edit the tone / notification for
7. You can now edit Out of Holster and In Holster tones/ notifications.
a) Select between: None, Tone, Vibrate, Vibrate+Tone
b) Select the Tune you wish to use
c) Select Volume (options are Mute, Low, Medium, High, Escalating)
d) Select Number of Beeps (options are 1, 2, 3)
e) Select Repeat Notification (options are None, LED Flashing)
f) If set to Vibrate or Vibrate+Tone then select Number of Vibrations (options are 1, 2, 3)
8. Repeat a-e for each of the desired applications listed in 5 above