Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: BB Torch
My Carrier: Vodacom

Re: SMS message sending error

My new BB Torch today is giving me that red cross and "short message transfer rejected". I have taken out the battery and SIM. This does not work at all. I live in the DR Congo, there is nobody that can help me here. I bought it in South Africa last week - for work purposes - and it has let me down badly. My other problem is email set-up. It asks me for an activation code? I was not given this and don't know where I should find this? Sorry if I am being stupid, but....

My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telstra

I get the same 'red cross' error message, but only when I SMS my partners iPhone....

Regardless if I use her contact detail or delete her and add the number manually, or just reply to her!

I have no problems SMS to other contacts, and I can email her from the same contact detail?!

Any suggestions?

My Carrier: fido

help me :(

how can i grop the  leading zero from my contacts telephone list? Smiley Sad so disapointed -_-

My Carrier: Telstra

Re: help me :(

I don't actually think the leading zero does fix the issue.

I spent about 3 hours total with 'RIM specilist' techs in Telstra shops (3 separate shops!) and they reset a number of features and account settings, I really have no idea what the answer was, except that I wasted so much time!

My other issue from all of this, they always tell you to do a hard reboot, remove the battery each time, now my back cover is quite loose, I don't think it was designed to be removed a thousand times! Smiley Happy

Make an appointment with your phone provider and hassle them!

My Carrier: fido

Re: help me :(

I already did that, but it doesnt help! and what i fured out that thats the only contact whom i cant send text messages or even call... and it is my boyfriend! it was just freaking me out, but he just told me that he has a problem with his phone it doesnt have zone or 3g(he has iphone) so i think the problem is really in his phone, not in mine! well we will see, but anyways thanks for reply! appreciate that!

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Curve
My Carrier: vodafone

Hi guys!!

Strangely this only happens on the Blackberry and not on my ancient Nokia!!

My phone went down when I was abroad and I've had this problem since, and yes, with the numbers of the people I most care about!!! ...but have now found the solution...a one that actually works...on another site, so will share with you:

You have to delete the contact from your phone, then send them a text manually, ie. typing their number in. This should send just fine. Then you can re-add them to your address book and text them from there as normal. 

Have done this to the numbers that I had trouble with and all are working now.

Hope this helps!! And someone should tell all our service providers!!

x