Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodacom

SMS not restored

Hi All

I have previously done a full backup of BB 8900 and 9700 using Desktop Manager 6. The backup is successful. However after wiping the device and trying to restore Emails and SMS messages. All emails are restored and none of the SMS messages are restored at all on both devices. I have done this a couple of times and same result. No errors are reported during backup and restore. Can someone shed some light

Regards 

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: SMS not restored

Hey zizebra,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

If you go into Desktop Manager and click on restore and choose selected databases, does SMS have a number beside it?

I look forward to your reply.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Yes I see the number, but nothing restores, this happens for BBM messages and contacts.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey zizebra,

It can be possible that the database is corrupt.  If so the messages will not appear or the contacts.  There is no way to repair the corruption as well.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
Contributor

I would agree that the databases could be corrupt only if this is one device involved. However I have done this for several people now and none of all these people got their sms back. Only yesterday as I was playing I managed to get the sms restored on my own device after deleting the both desktop (sync) and desktop (cical). Deleting and undeleting the service books one at a time did not help. However despite the the sms were restored, bbm contacts and bbm messages were all lost. I noted that in my experiments trying to solve this, bbm contacts backed up through email were restored, but not bbm messages. The same applies for backup to local device, only contacts are saved and restored successfully.

However my own backup from Desktop Manager dont have bbm contacts and messages. it shows 0 bbm contacts and messages. In other words Full Backup does include bbm contacts and messages. What have I missed.