Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

SMS problems

Sometimes when I try to open an SMS conversation between my boyfriend and I (I speak specifically of him because he is the only contact I have this problem with) anyways, sometimes when I try to open our SMS conversation to send a text, our conversation will not open.  Everyone else, I have no problems opening.  Then after a while I can go back and then it may open, or I have to wait for him to send me a text before the convo opens.  I have even tried to use the main menu to compose a new SMS to him to see if it will open, and nothing, won't open at all, won't even let me compose a new message. It iwll go as far as who Im sending the message to, then I input his contact, and nothing else happens.  But I can compose an MMS to him.  This has happened since day 1, I have only had my phone for 4 days.  Any ideas of what this could be?  Its kind of aggravating.

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: SMS problems

Try deleting the SMS history of this user, then do a reboot of the device (With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.) and after reboot, see how it goes.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Thank you, Im gonna try thatSmiley Happy

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Orange

I have the same problem  Erika8183

This happens on my 9700 to the contact I have been sending/receiving the most sms, it is definately related to the contact that has been the most active with sms as the freezing changes between different contacts depending on who I have been sms any particular day.

I have searched this problem out on the internet and there does not seem to be a fix, deleting the history may work for a short period of time but does not seem to fix the problem forever, its also a shame to have to delete the sms history messages all of the time.

Hopefully a future software upgrade will fix this problem.

Contributor

I definitely agree.  I dont like having to delete the entire thread just because it wont open.  Now sometimes if you just come back to it a few minutes later, it'll open. So I either wait if I can, or just delete the thread and start over, although its a pain.  I wonder when the update will come???

My Device: Bold 9700

I have this same problem with many people with whom I text. Is there some way we can encourage the Blackberry programmers to come up with a fix? It's super annoying and happens to me all the time.

My Device: Not Specified

Same thing happens to me. If its urgent and I can not wait to re boot the phone, I have to send a MMS and this always goes through... I called T-Mobile, my service provider, and she told me the fix was to "delete prior". Still a pain, and I should not have to do that.... Any update from you guys?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: Orange

hey all. Same issue is being discussed HERE. And funny thing is EVERYONE has almost identical problems. This gotta be a software issue?! If anyone does find a solution please do post.

Hope the experts here can help us out.

وأعتقد أن في واحد والله وحده