Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile
Accepted Solution

SOLVED - Cannot Make outgoing calls. Get Two Beeps like busy signal with Koodo Mobile in Thunder Bay, North Ontario

This has caused me a great deal of frustration.

With my Curve, when I try to make an outgoing call and I get a busy signal like two beeps that repeat.

I have tried everything and the only thing that worked was a security wipe, thus losing all my data. 

If I did a backup and restore, the problem returned. If I restored selectively through the BLackberry Desktop, database by database, the problem returned. Koodo Mobile and Blackberry escalated support was not able to figure this out.

However, through much trial and error, i found out that if I restrict my identity or disable the Show My Number option in the phone settings, for some reason it caused this problem.

So I cannot block my identity using the phone settings. 

This may be a result of my location and carrier service, which is Koodo Mobile, in Thunder Bay in Northwestern Ontario that used the TBAYTEL towers for service, of the type of technology signal service. I do not know, and no one has been able to tell me why this happens. I went 6 months not being able to make outgoing calls without losing ALL my sms, contacts, BBM, TXTs, Bookmarks, and other personal data. ONly a security wipe would allow me to make a call - until I enable the restrict my identity and enabled the show my number option.

SO - I hope this helps other users. I went through three phones thinking it was hardware issues. 

It is kind of crappeh since I do wish to block my identity with some calls. As such with the BB Curve in on Koodo in Thunder Bay, I cannot do this. I have not tried outside Northwestern ONtario, but it will probably be the same, unless I am out of the TBAYTEL service area. 

Such is life. Live with it.

Easy but unsatisfactory fix.

I'lll post this in the Koodo Forum as well if there is one.

Cheers!

Super Contributor
My Device: *
My Carrier: No Carrier

Re: SOLVED - Cannot Make outgoing calls. Get Two Beeps like busy signal with Koodo Mobile in Thunder Bay, North Ontario

PLease check these

Only restore Address book not any other else then check. The problem reamins same or not.

Wipe you phone and then show your identity still reamin same

Reinstall the OS then check

Waiting

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Koodo Mobile

Re: SOLVED - Cannot Make outgoing calls. Get Two Beeps like busy signal with Koodo Mobile in Thunder Bay, North Ontario

I have done these steps including restoring each database one at a time with the same results. I can do a complete restore and the issue remains until I set Restrict My Identity to Never AND set Show My Number to Yes. I have also done all these steps with other BB Curve 8530's and it seems to occur on each ih this area.

I found the work around but it would be good to know why and if this happens outside of the TBAYTEL towers that Koodo Mobile uses throughout Northern Ontario from the Ontario/Manitoba border on the west, north to Hearst and east to Sault Ste. Marie.

If there are any Koodo Mobile users elsewhere, that have a BlackBerry Curve 8530 I would like to hear from you just do I can see if it unique to the service provider, the hardware, software, network type, geographic location, etc.

Any feedback is appreciated, as Koodo and BlackBerry support were baffled and could not solve this problem and I hope others find this so that they can save the months of time and frustration I experienced.

Cheers...