Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: T-mobile NL

SPYWARE application in appworld, where do I report this?

I installed this app from the appworld:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/55351

A nice free flashlight app with no ads, great deal you'd think.

But when I installed It it asked me permission to:

- Access my personal information and data

- Connect to the internet

Well I thought this was a little suspicious because why on earth would a flashlight app want to access this kind of data?

I didn't use the app after that, but now one week later i rebooted my blackberry and what do i see!

The app added itself to autorun at start and I get another notification that i tries to access my personal data and my internet, what the hell: this app autoruns itself on the background and wants to access my data.

So I used a brand new BB 9900 from a colleague of mine and let it access the data, I monitored it with a packetsnifer on my wifi router and what do I see:

The app connects to the server from phonefunda and sends a tremendous amount of data to the server

Where can I report this piece of spyware that is now in the top 25 in most downloaded free apps?

I hope a professional from BB can look into this, because if this doesn't get solved I'll contact Crackberry.com to see if they can look into this matter.

Kind Regards,

A concerned BlackBerry user