Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

Hello,

I understand you have some issues installing the BlackBerry AppWorld.

I suggest you to read the requirements at the following webpage (the section named "System requirements") : http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/appworld/download.jsp

I would simply add to those requirements some information about what they mean by "a Service plan that includes  access to the BlackBerry Browser". That is explained in the contract that you signed with your mobile phone carrier, but you can also simply verify that on your device. if you have one of the two following configurations A or B , then your you have that "Service plan that includes access to the BlackBerry Browser" :

case A : you have both service books :

• WAP BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig]
  • WAP Transport [WPTCP]

case B : you have both service books:

• WAP BrowserConfig [BrowserConfig]
  • WAP2 Transport [WPTCP]

Here is how you can view the Service Books installed on your device :

• with OS5: Home Screen >> Options >> Advanced Options >> Service Book
  • With OS6: Home Screen >> Options >> Device >> Advanced System Settings >> Service Book

If one Service book is missing, then in order to benefit from BlackBerry AppWorld, you need to subscribe to a BlackBerry data plan, please contact your carrier to see if there are additional monthly charges.

Please tell me if it finally works out for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9930 (Verizon)
My Carrier: UMC Ukraine

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

[ Edited ]

I have case B : both service books, but program still not working (

Guru I

@linkoria
then please contact UMC Ukraine and demand that they make AppWorld work. You pay them to make it work, every month.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold 9930 (Verizon)
My Carrier: UMC Ukraine

I went in with UMS Centre, they checked my sim card with it all okay, they put it in another bb and launched a app world,and program working nice with my sim card and they told me to contact the serv. center BlackBerry that I have a problem with my device!!! i try again reinstall os, before i wipe my device by bbsak, but it is not help too!!!
Guru I

what is UMS Centre?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile AUSTRIA

Hey Guys,

so I bought a brand New BB Bold 9900 yesterday, and on the first day I downloaded some apps namely Whatsapp and "Plumber". This all worked fine, I plugged the phone into the PC via USB and downloaded from Blackberry App World, it synced perfectly to my phone. Today I was also able to download Google Maps without a problem.

I now wanted to add more Apps to my phone such as SimCity and The Sims3

but I get the following message:

Sync Issue
There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again

My Phone is plugged into the computer, Blackberry Desktop Manager recognizes it but I can't download ANYTHING...could you help me please!

Cheers,

Mmauification.

Visitor
My Device: bold 9000
My Carrier: vodafone romania

the same problem as anyone in this topic, app world used to work just fine, ive tried almost everything from this topic of 15 pages; new ID, service book resend, change permissions..., reboot, log in over wifi, TLS or something (because not allways i understand what is all about)..... and im getting tired of blackberry lack of support; a few more info for everyone who can help (and i mean blackberry people here); 

blackberry bold 9000

version v4.6.0.147, platform 4.0.0.144

carrier vodafone romania

unlimited BIS

Error Message:  "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.  Verify you network connections and try again

app world version 2.1.4.9

Highlighted
My Device: bold 3
My Carrier: vodafone

[ Edited ]

my bb pin<Personal Content Removed> please verify plan asap please